18.8.13

Thai Hot and Sour Sauce


This sauce is in every table at any of the noodle soup stands in the whole of Thailand.
When you order a noodle soup here they give you a set of four little pots so you can adjust your own soup's seasoning to your taste. In general, you get sugar {in this picture is demerara for a deeper flavour}, dried chillies, vinegar with chopped green chillies and the hot and sour sauce {to watch a short video on how to make it, please click here}.
This one is the easiest and delicious recipe for spicy sauce.


You will need:

Red and green chillies {washed and you can keep the stalk on if they are thin, please look at this video}
Rice vinegar 

Use a handful of chillies and twice the volume of chillies of vinegar. Put everything in a liquidizer and blitz it for 30 seconds and it is then ready to be served.
It will keep for about a week in the fridge and it is best served at room temperature.
I also like to sprinkle it on my BBQ or roast chicken, though some of my Thai friends look at me like I am an alien when I do that.
I don't care what anybody says. In fact, I have to pace myself so I do not drink it...
It is delicious....
Have fun making it!!!!
Let me know what you think!

If you have any ideas or suggestions for further posts you would like to see here, please write to me and let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment