3.10.12

Mini Garlic Burgers



For me, nothing beats a good burger. In fact, it is the only way I like to eat minced meat.
This week I bought some minced beef and decided to make mini burgers.
They were delicious. I did not even bother with bread, to be honest...just added some spinach leaves at the end of the cooking, shook it about for like 30 seconds and it was ready to eat.

You can use any minced meat you like.
You can have fatty meat if you wish and it will be tastier with the fat ON...But I have lean meats as I have a figure to look after...
I have already made these with turkey {dark meat}, chicken {thighs}, pork, beef or even fish, like salmon.
I, occasionally, I mix a couple of different meats to enhance each other's flavour, like beef and pork or chicken and pork, turkey and beef...the combinations are endless...

You can try the recipe and add any other flavours you like, like adding for instance lemon or lime zest or freshly chopped mint leaves, harissa paste, cheese, jalapenos, fried onions, shallots, roast peppers or anything you like...

Food is alchemy, so get mixing...
Sometimes what seems like an experiment, can be your best dish ever...
So do not be scared of throwing it all in the mix, within reason...

All in all: follow your imagination, intuition and taste buds!!! Have fun and ENJOY!!!!!!!

You will need:

500g minced meat
6/8  fat and juicy cloves of garlic peeled and smashed {I use a pestle and mortar}
2 tablespoons of coriander leaves or flat leaf parsley {I used both}
1 teaspoon of lime zest
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
1 teaspoon of nam pla {thai fish sauce - optional}
1 pinch of chilli powder

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Take one tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls. Squash them so they can lie flat on a dish, but not too thin or they will overcook too easily when you cook them.
Let it sit on your fridge for about 20 minutes.
Heat a non stick frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil or a grill and cook the burgers until they are done to your taste.
I, personally, like mine crispy on the outside and rare inside, so the pan has to be really hot and I cook them for one minute each side.
You can, of course , cook them on a BBQ, which will take them to another level: Advanced Nirvana Level 4...

Sooo...what are you waiting for???
Let's get cooking!!!

Your comments are always very welcome!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment