16.4.12

Kale Chips



I wish I had known about Kale Chips before.
It is easy to make and has the crunch I missed all my life...

You will need:

1 bag of kale { I buy the already washed and cut ones}
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste

Pre heat your oven to high {275 degrees} and line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil.

I was told by an angel called Shannon, who passed me the recipe, to sprinkle the leaves with the oil, but I discovered it also gets a good 'crunch' when  I dip my fingers in the oil and rub it on the palm of my hands and then massage the leaves with my not-too-oily palms. 

Lay them on a single layer and sprinkle some salt on them.

Some people use chilli powder too or freshly crushed black pepper and I have even heard of a girl who sprinkled the leaves with cocoa powder and brown sugar or drinking chocolate powder, but I never tasted that way..

Put them in the oven at the same temperature for 10/15 minutes and turn them over.
Keep an eye on the as each oven is very different and remove when they are crunchy.

They are a FABULOUSLY CRUNCHY HEALTHY snack. 
After all, if the heat has not removed all the goodness from the dark green leaves, you may get quite a lot of calcium and fibre.

They keep crunchy for one day, I discovered,  as I left one leaf hidden from myself overnight to test the crunch factor...
It is almost impossible to stop eating them...


No comments:

Post a Comment