29.3.11

Gravadlax Roses


I Love Gravadlax…
Maybe because it contains salmon and dill and I am crazy about those cured and salty flavours…
Gravadlax has all of them together e makes available to me an explosion of deliciousness.
I always have it in my freezer. A flavoursome snack for those moments of peckishness ou instant hunger, a friend who arrives with a bottle of bubbly, a summer salad …
There it is, delicious, waiting for me…
The beetroot is optional. I use it occasionally it so that I can give my eyes some variety to feast on.
The piece of salmon I used this time was not very thick, so the slices came out slightly small. That gave me idea of rolling them like flowers. I pushed them against the plate and managed to make a bouquet, and, by scattering some green shoots around them, I had a chance of looking at an exact copy of the pattern of my favourite duvet cove, but only on a platter… Total comfort…
The flavour is Unadulterated Divine Nectar.

The Purest of Pleasures…




Inspiration and the Roses themselves…
One to Sleep On and the Other one for Eating… 
Divine Comfort either way…



Gravadlax:
300 gr salmon with skin on
1/4 cup de gin
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup chopped fresh dill
1 cup grated beetroot (optional)

Instructions:
In a flat glass dish, preferably with sides about 3 cm high, put a sheet of cling film under the slice of salmon, pour the gin on top of it, mix the salt and sugar and cover the fish generously with this mixture, pressing it downwards so it stays on the fish like a crust. Cover with the dill, pressing it down too and then repeat the process with the grated beetroot, if you choose to use it. Cover the fish with cling film and make a parcel of it.
Cover the salmon with a long enough piece of wood or plate, so that it covers all of its surface and put some cans to weigh on top of it. Leave it in the fridge for 72 hours.
During this time, move the weight around so that it presses down the fish and it is all levelled equally. Remove the salmon from the film and remove all the solids, discarding them.
Slice the fish thinly in 45 degrees diagonal slices and reserve for use. You may freeze the slices you will not eat within the next 48 hours, which is the time it stays fresh in the fridge.
Enjoy!!!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment