7.7.14

Clouds Low Carb Bread


This is a savoury take on a tart recipe I created for a low carb diet.
It worked and I am as happy as I can be.
It is easy and quick.
But it also sooooo good.
I have bread and that was what I was missing. I love BREAD!!!

I have already had it as sandwich {tuna and onion being my favourite}, bruschetta, with chocolate spread, toasted with a fried egg on top and in a club sandwich.

I have made it this time in a square baking tray so it reminds me of focaccia, so if you want you can even use rosemary on it or sun dried tomatoes or whatever flavour you prefer.
Next time, I shall make it plain with lots of other seeds for the crunch.

You will need:

8 tablespoons oat bran + 1 tablespoon for "flouring" the tin
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of caraway seeds slightly crushed by a pestle and mortar or any other seeds/spices/herbs/vegetables you may want to add {optional}
1/2 cup of fat free or full fat fromage frais or yoghurt
2 tablespoons of powdered milk
2 tablespoons of cornflour {cornstarch}
2 tablespoons of chia seeds {optional}

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Lightly oil the baking tin {I used a 20X20cm for this} and "flour" it with 1 teaspoon of oat bran.
In a bowl, mix all other ingredients. Let it sit for 5 minutes and mix again.
Pour the batter on the tray and bake it on the top shelf.

I baked mine on 200 Celsius for 5 minutes and then turned it down to 180 Celsius for another 10/15 minutes. It depends in your oven, so you will know when it is ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

I am very curious to hear about your experience making and tasting this.

I am also interested to know in what way and with what you ate yours!!

Have fun and keep me posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment