26.2.12

Really Spicy Red Chilli Sauce




I just got to Koh Tao, Thailand, and have found that in a few of the food stalls on the road they gave me the same recipe for the chilli sauce they served with all the BBQ meats, fish or seafood I had.
You can also serve it with grilled veggies. I am sure it will be delicious.
It is very easy to make and you can adjust the quantities to your liking.
Play with the ingredients but do not be mean with any of them.
I have tried a few and they vary on acidity and spicy.ness, but they all blow your mind!!!
Gorge yourself...

It helps if you can eat this watching a sunset like I did...

You will need:

1/2 cup dried chilli flakes and chilli powder
1 teaspoon glutinous rice powder
1/4 cup lime juice
4 tablespoons nam pla {fish sauce or soy sauce if you are a veggie}
1 teaspoon sugar
4- 6 tablespoons water

Mix them all and adjust ingredients according to taste. It gets better after a couple of hours. It last for several days on a tight container. 


                                                         
    Chok dee...
{Good luck in Thai}

No comments:

Post a Comment