3.1.12

Seaweed Salad


For years and years I have been going to a japanese restaurant when in London that serves the most scrumptious seaweed salad.
Recently, I have learned how to make it on a course on Traditional Japanese Cooking course I did for 5 months. I also learned that the 'original' dressing has a lot of sugar, MSG and peanut butter, which I am choosing not to eat right now. So I made an adaptation, but you can use whatever dressing you like.
I am trying to eat a lot of sea vegetables as they are incredibly good for my Health.
They are full of Iodine and a toner for my thyroid. In Chinese Medicine, they are used to soften cysts and move Qi {vital energy}.
I love the taste and varied texture of this dish, but I am aware it is not everyone`s cup of tea.
If you can, try this.
Your body will thank you and it may just open your taste buds to a whole different world...

You will need:


1/2 packet of dried mixed seaweed soaked in cold water for 15 minutes and drained{you can buy it on your health food shop}
1/2 onion in very thin slices rinsed and drained
1/2 carrot in very thin julienne {very thin strips}
5 cm seedless cucumber in very thin julienne {very thin strips}

Dressing:


1/2 cup of fat free yoghurt {click here to see how I make yoghurt}
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
a tiny squeeze of lime juice

Squeeze all the water from the drained seaweed and arrange it on the centre of a plate. Put all the other vegetables around it and dress it.
Yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment