10.12.11

Clouds Chocolate Cake




This is, in my opinion, one of the best things I have done, chocolate wise and most definitely low carb wise.
Chocolate inspiring, an Angel must have been passing by...

Like all cakes, I prefer to eat it warm.

It surely was an amazing way to start the day and eat my two tablespoons of oat bran.

I guess you can add any flavourings you want, some orange zest or a teaspoon of dried coffee granules...why not???

My advices are: do not double the recipe, get a small baking tray {I used 20cm X 20cm} and try this way first, then next time vary the flavour...or not...

You will need:
4 eggs
1 heap teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup quark
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond essence {I used half and half}
1/3 cup xilytol {or sweeten to taste with your sweetener }
2 heap tablespoons cocoa powder
8 tablespoons oat bran

Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrades.
Add all ingredients together and mix well. Let it sit for 5 minutes and mix again.
Spread some oil on a non stick baking tray and remove the excess with kitchen paper.
Pour the batter and take it to the oven, top shelf.
I baked mine on 200 for 5 minutes and then turned it to 180 for 10 minutes. Keep looking. It will be good when you touch the top and it stops wobbling in the centre. Remember all ovens are different.

If you want it gooey so that it becomes a self saucing dessert, make sure u have it cooked around the borders but leave a little wobble on the centre. In this case, you have to have it hot!!!
Please, do share your comments!

DO NOT leave it inside the oven after you turned it off because it carries on cooking and it will dehydrate anything that stays in there. That is a massive mistake people make. That is how I make my sun dried tomatoes, by the way.
Wait until for 5 minutes and tuck in.

Let me know what happens, I am curious...

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog!!

    Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes

    http://wishesanddishes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! Feel at home!!! Accepting requests and suggestions for recipes!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete