19.9.12

Clouds in Israel



Just a little break from London to see my cousin and her little girl in Raanana, about 1 hour from Tel Aviv, Israel.
Lovely and peaceful or as she says: Pastoral Times...
I was lucky to be invited to spend Rosh Hashanah {Jewish New Year} over there and even more to share the evening meal with a Moroccan Jewish family.
Needless to say I was in hog heaven...
Tula, my hostess, was lovely, her food was impeccable and everyone was so generous, I was touched...
Here are some of the delightful food and sights.
Here, I posted them randomly...
I hope you enjoy looking at them...


Fig Lover ♥



 Challah... Round at this time of the year to represent closure...


♥


A Jewish Moment ♥ Challah, Cibale, Houmous, Gefilte Fish ♥


Spices at the Via Dolorosa


Lemonade


Street Food ♥ My Fave, Always ♥


The bread looked lovely, but his energy prevented me from buying anything from him...


This guy is the King of Falafel to me. 
A Delight to watch and to Eat ♥


Coffee, anyone?


I cannot describe the Delight of eating this Falafel cake, stuffed with fried onions...
Incomparable ♥


Falafel cake : Fluffy, light, tasty, more.ish, delicious ♥


Time for Pitta...


Baklavas with Pistachio ♥


Laffa...My taste buds were shouting for more ♥


Tula, 
the most Generous, Talented and Welcoming Hostess ♥



Gefilte Fish, my Grandmother used to keep carps in the sink 
and you could not have a fresher fish, this was just as good ♥


Moroccan Fish Balls...Oh God, so Good...


Pomegranate Seeds, a sign of abundance 
in almost all Western Religious Fests...


The BEST Couscous I have ever tasted.
Made with semolina, not from a box...the Real thing ♥


Stuffed Chicken Breast...Yummy... 
But my ♥ was committed to the serving spoon ♥


Chicken cooked with Olives


Baklava...Walnuts and Honey Heaven ♥


Tula's gifted me with one of her Fatima's Hands...
She makes the most beautiful ones. 
She is truly an artist...

No comments:

Post a Comment